Friday, March 20, 2009

From Blake March 12

On Tue the 10th I was at my wits end. I was first fed up with members of the platoon who insist on moving slow, not listening and getting us all smoked. That alone was managable. Then the Drill Sgts who were helping the other platoons out on the range came back in a bad mood because the range went bad (disorganized, privates not listening, not enough people zeroing their rifles.) When they came back DS Harbough fired the entire leadership of the platoon. What got to me is that our leadership was good. They were cleaning up the platoon. They had been in long enough to know the system and gain the respect of the platoon. Then for no reason on their parts they were fired. That pushed me over the edge. I grabbed my Book of Mormon and went for a walk. I sat, bowed my head and started praying. It was more of a prayer of emotion. I don't know if I actually communicated words but with prayer that doesn't matter. He understands our hearts. I opened the Book of Mormon to the page I was on in my regular reading. My eyes turned to 1 Ne 18:16. [16 Nevertheless, I did look unto my God, and I did praise him all the day long; and I did not murmur against the Lord because of mine afflictions.] Afflictions are to be born with patience all the while praising the Lord for all the things we are blessed with. My trust is that the Drill Sgts will recognize good performance and make decisions to help the platoon as a whole is still shattered. As well as my confidence that the platoon can be rallied to perform the way we should. But, with the strength of the the Lord I can do all things. Joshua 1:9

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is so comforting to know that where ever you are, what ever you are doing, you have the Lord on your side. I am so glad Blake can remember that. Again, thanks for posting part of his letters. Keeps my thoughts into perspective and to know that with the Lord...I can do ALL things! Love ya Blake!!

Rinez said...

That's the Blake we know and love!